Before applying your clay mask, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and pat your skin dry. Scoop a small handful of clay into your hand and spread a thin layer over your face and neck while being careful to avoid your eyes, nostrils, and mouth. Most types of clay masks should be kept on for about 15 minutes or until completely dry. You will most likely feel the mask harden and tighten. It may also change colors slightly. Then rinse your face with warm water or gently dab at it with a wet washcloth. Pat your skin dry to finish.
- French green clay gets its color from decomposed plant matter like algae or chlorophyll. It is known for its exfoliating properties and ability to pull dirt and impurities from skin pores. It’s also believed to improve blood circulation.
- Those with sensitive skin may not be able to tolerate certain types of clay masks that may cause redness or irritation. If you have sensitive skin, start with a gentle type of clay, like kaolin.
- Pink Clay is a very mild combination of Red and White Clays. Rich in minerals including Silica, Pink Clay masks help to restore and replenish skin with moisture, draw out impurities and lightly exfoliate the complexion with its slightly grainy texture.
- Things to Mix Into Clay Face Masks : water,Honey,joghurt,apple cider vinegar,milk,aloe vera juice, oil ore rose water.
- Mix two parts liquid to one part clay.
- For 1 clay mask use about 5 gram of clay.